Spicy bean bake
- March 2011
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- 600g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 150ml hot chicken stock, made with a stock cube
- 80g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp dried coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil and soften the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes. Increase the heat, add the chorizo and fry until starting to crisp. Stir through the harissa, then fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans and tinned cherry tomatoes to the pan, stir through and season well. Spoon into a 1.8 litre ovenproof dish, then pour over the hot stock.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the dried coriander and sprinkle a thick layer over the bean mixture, then drizzle with the remaining oil. Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until piping hot and golden. Serve with crusty bread.
Replace the cannellini beans with any tinned white beans (such as haricot or butter beans) you have hidden in the back of your storecupboard. Chopped sausages or smoked bacon lardons could be substituted for the chorizo.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...