Sticky pork fried rice parcels
- March 2013
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli,
- Knob of fresh ginger
- 300g free-range pork mince
- 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp honey
- 150g basmati rice
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 375g puff pastry sheets
- Sesame seeds
- Fry 2 shallots, chopped, in 2 tbsp groundnut oil for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 garlic clove, crushed, 1 red chilli, finely sliced, and a good knob of fresh ginger, finely chopped.
- Add 300g free-range pork mince and fry until brown, then add 1 tbsp Chinese five-spice powder, 2 tbsp soy sauce and ½ tbsp honey. Cook until sticky.
- Put 150g basmati rice in 275ml boiling salted water. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Stir into the pork with a handful of chopped fresh coriander. Cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Roll out 2 x 375g puff pastry sheets to make a little thinner, then cut each into 6 equal squares.
- Divide the pork and rice among the squares, then brush with beaten egg and fold the corners together to seal.
- Brush all over with more egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky Vietnamese pork meatballs with rice noodles and pickled vegetables
Lemongrass, garlic and lime all contribute to the powerful flavour of this Vietnamese pork meatball...