Quick creamy bacon, leek and pea farfalle
- May 2010
- 200g farfalle pasta
- 6 smoked streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- 200g pack Waitrose Ready to Microsteam Garden Peas, Leeks and Spinach
- 150ml double cream
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely shredded
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a small saucepan over a medium heat until crisp. Steam the vegetables in the microwave for 1½ minutes, then add to the pan with the bacon. Mix the double cream, egg and Parmesan in a jug and season with black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well (saving a little of the cooking water), then add to the pan with the bacon and vegetables. Quickly add the cream mixture and stir well. (The egg in the cream mix will cook in the hot pasta and make a creamy sauce.) Add a little of the cooking water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Stir through the shredded mint, then serve with lots of extra Parmesan.
Rate & review