Sweetcorn, chorizo and toasted almond salad
- September 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
Smokey chorizo, sweetcorn, almonds and plenty of fresh herbs come together beautifully in this summer salad recipe.
- 26.9g (6g saturated)
- 3.7g (2.7g sugar)
- 6 corn-on-the-cobs, husks removed
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 25g butter
- 100g blanched almonds,
- roughly chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sweet smoked paprika
- 200g chorizo, diced into pieces similar in size to corn kernels
- ½ bunch of fresh tarragon, leaves chopped
- ½ bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the corn and boil for 4 minutes, then drain. Brush with the vegetable oil, sprinkle with the salt, then place on a hot barbecue, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until lightly charred all over. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then slice off the kernels and place in a bowl.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and, when foaming, add the almonds and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Add the spices and a good pinch of salt, then pour off the excess butter and add the almonds to the sweetcorn with the chorizo, chopped herbs and black pepper. Mix well. Combine the extra-virgin olive oil and vinegar, then drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Rate & review