Walnut and bacon stuffing balls
- January 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook
Celebrate the richness of Christmas seasonal produce with this gorgeous walnut and bacon stuffing recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 37.4g (10.3g saturated)
- 24g (3.6g sugars)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g pork sausages, skinned
- 150g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh sage or 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 large free-range egg
- Cook the onion, bacon and garlic in a pan with the oil for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sausagemeat and breadcrumbs to the bowl with the herbs, walnuts, lemon zest and egg. Mix well, then shape into 12-16 balls.
- Cook alongside the turkey in a small roasting tin for 30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
You could try adding a handful of chopped fresh cranberries to the mix.
Freeze raw, then cook from frozen for 35-40 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas sides
Crispy prosciutto cups with sausage and sage stuffing
These prosciutto cups take stuffing to the next level – serve them as part of...
Roast chicken recipes
Roast chicken with sausage, chard and parmesan stuffing
Debbie Major’s cooks her stuffing separately so that it’s golden and crunchy, in this roast...