Walnut and bacon stuffing balls
- January 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook
Celebrate the richness of Christmas seasonal produce with this gorgeous walnut and bacon stuffing recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 37.4g (10.3g saturated)
- 24g (3.6g sugars)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g pork sausages, skinned
- 150g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh sage or 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 large free-range egg
- Cook the onion, bacon and garlic in a pan with the oil for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sausagemeat and breadcrumbs to the bowl with the herbs, walnuts, lemon zest and egg. Mix well, then shape into 12-16 balls.
- Cook alongside the turkey in a small roasting tin for 30 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
You could try adding a handful of chopped fresh cranberries to the mix.
Freeze raw, then cook from frozen for 35-40 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas sides
Crispy prosciutto cups with sausage and sage stuffing
These prosciutto cups take stuffing to the next level – serve them as part of...
Roast chicken recipes
Roast chicken with sausage, chard and parmesan stuffing
Treat your mum, partner, family or friends to a slap-up roast dinner: Debbie Major’s roast...