Taglierini with brown shrimps and artichokes
- August 2010
- 4 violet artichokes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 dried chilli
- 100g peeled brown shrimps
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ lemon
- 250g fresh taglierini (or dried egg taglierini)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the artichoke stems, remove the outer leaves, then slice off the top 2cm and scoop out the choke. Cut the artichokes in half and slice them very thinly.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and artichokes and fry gently for about 8 minutes, until softened. Put to one side.
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan and add the chilli, brown shrimps and chopped parsley, plus a squeeze of lemon. Cook on a low heat for 2 minutes, then add the artichokes.
- Cook the taglierini in a large pan of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes, until al dente (or cook according to the packet instructions for dried taglierini). Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water, and add to the sauce. Toss together, adding a little of the reserved water to loosen the sauce if necessary. Cook gently for a couple of minutes, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Black rice paella with artichokes, peppers and spinach
Black venus (also called venere or venere nero) is a dark purple medium-grain rice with...
Broad bean recipes
New potato, artichoke, broad bean and chorizo salad
A filling salad recipe with the rich flavour of chorizo and a mustardy kick in...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...