Thai chicken coconut noodles
- December 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in about 30 minutes
Fresh green beans pair well with bold Thai flavours in this chicken coconut noodles recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 24.3g (12.2g saturated)
- 33.2g (8g sugar)
- 2 x 250g pack dried medium egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste (we like Thai Taste, from major supermarkets)
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 600ml chicken stock, hot
- 4 small, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 150g green beans, halved lengthways
- 2 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- Grated zest and juice of
- 1 lime, plus lime wedges,
- Good handful fresh basil leaves
- In a bowl, cover the noodles with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes, to soften. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again. Toss in half the oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk, stock, chicken and lemongrass, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Using a slotted spoon, lift the chicken out of the pan and onto a plate, and roughly chop.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the beans and carrots. Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir
- in the noodles, sugar, lime zest and juice, and most of the fresh basil leaves and heat through.
- Season and ladle into bowls. Garnish with lime wedges and the remaining basil leaves.
August is the peak of the green bean season.
Rate & review