Quick lentil, chicken, spring greens and broccoli soup
- April 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A soup recipe that’s anything but boring – this quick shortcut supper is bursting with spring vegetables, lentils and chicken which is poached until tender in the flavoursome broth.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 9.8g (1.8g saturated)
- 11.4g (6g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into small chunks
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 500g free-range chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet cooked puy lentils
- 200g spring greens, shredded
- Juice 1 lemon
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley (optional), coarsely chopped
- Heat a glug of oil in a large deep saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, then add the carrots and celery. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- When the veg have a little colour and are starting to soften, add the chicken and fry for a couple of minutes with the veg, then pour in the stock.
- Add the puy lentils and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the spring greens and lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes more. To serve, stir in the parsley and season to taste, then ladle into bowls.
Rate & review