Thai coconut prawn curry
- October 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 mins
Far better than a takeaway, this quick fragrant Thai curry recipe is delicious served with jasmine rice.
- 9.5g (7.6g saturated)
- 7.3g (4.2g sugars)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3-5 long green chillies (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 lemongrass stalks, tough outer leaves removed and insides chopped
- Zest of 2 limes
- Handful of coriander stalks
- 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp shrimp paste (we like Thai Taste, from supermarkets)
- 200ml coconut milk
- 5 kaffir lime leaves (from larger Sainsbury’s)
- 500g raw, peeled sustainable prawns
- Fish sauce
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar or palm sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Fresh coriander sprigs to serve
- Whizz the onion, garlic, chillies, lemongrass, lime zest, coriander stalks, ginger and shrimp paste. Fry for 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 15 minutes until thick.
- Add the prawns. Cook for 5 minutes until just pink, then add a good dash of fish sauce, the sugar and the juice of 2 limes. Top with coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Griddled Bajan spiced prawn wraps with chunky tomato sauce
Fresh prawns are cooked with tinned tomatoes, veggies and plenty of spice in this quick...