Thai-spiced butternut squash soup with rice noodles
- December 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Looking for a speedy supper? This simple vegetarian Thai soup recipe will be on the table in just 20 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 tbsp Bart Yellow Thai Curry Paste, or similar
- 415g pack Tesco Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato, or similar
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 250g pak choi
- 375g pack Tesco Rice Noodles (or any pre-cooked rice noodles)
- Fresh basil leaves and half a sliced birdseye chilli (optional) to serve
- Heat a wok or sauté pan over a medium heat, add the Thai paste, then cook for a minute or so until aromatic.
- Add the chopped butternut and sweet potato, then cook for 3 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Finely slice the pak choi, then add it to the soup along with the noodles.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the pak choi is wilted and the noodles are soft.
- Divide the soup between two bowls and top with fresh basil leaves and sliced chilli, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Valentine's Day recipes
Baked beetroot with herby hazelnut crumb and goat’s curd
With its earthy beetroot, tangy goat’s cheese and hazelnuts, this gorgeous vegetarian dish sets a...