Thai-spiced butternut squash soup with rice noodles
- December 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
Looking for a speedy supper? This simple vegetarian Thai soup recipe will be on the table in just 20 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 tbsp Bart Yellow Thai Curry Paste, or similar
- 415g pack Tesco Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato, or similar
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 250g pak choi
- 375g pack Tesco Rice Noodles (or any pre-cooked rice noodles)
- Fresh basil leaves and half a sliced birdseye chilli (optional) to serve
- Heat a wok or sauté pan over a medium heat, add the Thai paste, then cook for a minute or so until aromatic.
- Add the chopped butternut and sweet potato, then cook for 3 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Finely slice the pak choi, then add it to the soup along with the noodles.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the pak choi is wilted and the noodles are soft.
- Divide the soup between two bowls and top with fresh basil leaves and sliced chilli, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Crunchy cumberland sausage cassoulet with mixed beans
Try this sausage cassoulet recipe, a hearty, comforting winter meal for two. It uses Cumberland...