Tomato and bacon pasta
- July 2010
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g tinned cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 80g black olives, pitted
- 350g fresh pappardelle pasta
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon lardons until crisp, then remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper using a slotted spoon. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sweat until soft. Stir through the tomatoes, squashing them with the back of a wooden spoon to release the juice. Add the balsamic vinegar, olives and cooked bacon to the pan. Bubble for a few minutes until reduced and thickened, then season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water according to the pack instructions. Drain and add to the sauce with a handful of parsley. Stir to coat and divide among bowls. Drizzle with a splash of extra-virgin olive oil and serve with grated Parmesan and crusty bread, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...