Tomato, olive and rosemary cod with stir-fried greens
- April 2015
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 200g pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 sustainable skinless cod fillets
- 400g spring greens
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large lidded frying pan. Finely chop the onion and garlic, then fry for 2 minutes. Roughly chop the rosemary, then add to the pan with the tomatoes, olives and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes, then taste and season with a little salt and plenty of pepper.
- Add the cod fillets to the pan, carefully pushing them into the tomato sauce. Cover with the lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile slice the spring greens. Heat the remaining oil in another large frying pan over a high heat, then add the spring greens and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the stir-fried greens alongside the fish, with the tomato and olive sauce spooned over.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter