Tomato, olive and rosemary cod with stir-fried greens
- April 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
With a tomato and olive sauce, this quick and easy cod recipe has a taste of the Med.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 16.5g (2.2g saturated)
- 15.1g (10.7g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 200g pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 sustainable skinless cod fillets
- 400g spring greens
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large lidded frying pan. Finely chop the onion and garlic, then fry for 2 minutes. Roughly chop the rosemary, then add to the pan with the tomatoes, olives and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes, then taste and season with a little salt and plenty of pepper.
- Add the cod fillets to the pan, carefully pushing them into the tomato sauce. Cover with the lid and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile slice the spring greens. Heat the remaining oil in another large frying pan over a high heat, then add the spring greens and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the stir-fried greens alongside the fish, with the tomato and olive sauce spooned over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy dinner party mains
Pan-fried cod with creamy new potatoes and courgettes
A fish recipe you can’t help but love, this is a light and summery pan-fried...