Tray-baked chicken with parsley, pesto and sourdough croutons
- January 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
If you’re looking for an easy dinner that everyone will love, look no further than our tray-baked chicken with parsley, pesto and sourdough croutons.
Brazil nuts are packed with selenium, a vital mineral that helps immune systems work properly and you get almost half your daily selenium needs from this dish.
- 31.7g (6.8g saturated)
- 34.2g (7.4g sugars)
- 4 skin-on free-range chicken breasts
- ½ large butternut squash, cut into wedges
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves, bashed
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Splash dry white wine (optional)
- 40g brazil nuts
- Large handful fresh parsley/coriander
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 25g pecorino, grated
- 200g sourdough, torn into rough chunks
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken breasts, butternut squash wedges and 3 of the garlic cloves in a roasting tin, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Pour over a splash of white wine (if you have some open) and roast for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked (the juices will run clear when the flesh is pierced in the thickest part with a skewer) and the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, peel the remaining garlic clove and put in the small bowl of a food processor (or a pestle and mortar) with the nuts, herbs, lemon zest and juice, pecorino and 4 tbsp oil. Whizz/grind to a rough paste, then taste and season. Add a drop of water if the pesto is too thick to drizzle.
- For the last 5 minutes of the cooking time add the bread to the tray of chicken, drizzle with oil and cook until the bread is crisp and browned. Drizzle over the pesto and serve.
If you’re feeling very hungry, serve the chicken and pesto with buttered rice or pasta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Sprouts and roasted carrots with butter and macadamia nuts
Fry off your brussels sprouts with carrots and macadamia nuts and watch everyone at the...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...