Trofie pasta with green beans and new potatoes
- May 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 20 min to cook
This pasta recipe uses trofie pasta, which, like basil pesto, comes from Liguria. It’s available in major supermarkets.
- 13.9g (3.2 saturated)
- 78.6 (3.3 sugar)
- 350g trofie pasta or any short pasta shape
- 250g baby new potatoes
- 100g fine green beans
- 4 tbsp Classic basil pesto
- 4 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- Handful small basil leaves, to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for 8 minutes until starting to soften. Add the new potatoes and cook for 5 minutes more, then add the green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Drain the pasta, potatoes and beans and return to the pan. Add the pesto and Parmesan and toss. Scatter with basil leaves and serve immediately with extra Parmesan.
Trofie takes a little longer to cook than most other types of short pasta, so if you’re not using it, alter the cooking time accordingly. To make this dish suitable for vegetarians, omit the Parmesan.
Rate & review