- July 2004
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp peanuts, chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 head Chinese leaf
- 225g carrots, grated
- 6 spring onions, shredded
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
For the dressing
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 large or 2 small limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Put the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- For the salad, heat the oil in a small pan and fry the peanuts for 1-2 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside. Add the shallots to the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Tear the Chinese leaf into pieces and put in a large bowl. Add the carrot, spring onions and mint. Toss well. Spoon on to a large platter. Drizzle with the dressing and toss. Scatter with the coriander, peanuts and shallots.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Vietnamese herb salad with tamarind and honey glazed beef
Juicy tamarind and honey glazed steak, crunchy vegetables, roasted peanuts and a bounty of fresh...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...