Vietnamese chicken salad
- December 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
25 minutes is all you need for this healthy and oh-so-satisfying midweek meal made with leftover roast chicken and a chilli and lime dressing.
Or, for a vegetarian version, try our quick Vietnamese salad recipe.
- 21.7g (4.7g saturated)
- 31.8g (9.5g sugars)
- 500g leftover free-range roast chicken or turkey, shredded
- 300g carrots, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 300g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 125g medium egg noodles
- Bunch fresh coriander, freshly chopped
- Bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 80g salted peanuts (optional)
For the dressing
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- Combine the chicken/turkey, carrots, white cabbage and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and rinse under warm water (to wash off excess starch that will make the noodles stick together), then drain again and add to the bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then toss with the salad. Stir in the herbs and scatter with peanuts, if you like.
Use up other leftover roast vegetables by shredding and adding to the salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky Vietnamese pork meatballs with rice noodles and pickled vegetables
Lemongrass, garlic and lime all contribute to the powerful flavour of this Vietnamese pork meatball...
Midweek meal recipes
Vietnamese herb salad with tamarind and honey glazed beef
Juicy tamarind and honey glazed steak, crunchy vegetables, roasted peanuts and a bounty of fresh...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...