Vietnamese chicken salad
- December 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
25 minutes is all you need for this healthy and oh-so-satisfying midweek meal made with leftover roast chicken and a chilli and lime dressing.
Or, for a vegetarian version, try our quick Vietnamese salad recipe.
- 21.7g (4.7g saturated)
- 31.8g (9.5g sugars)
- 500g leftover free-range roast chicken or turkey, shredded
- 300g carrots, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 300g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 125g medium egg noodles
- Bunch fresh coriander, freshly chopped
- Bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 80g salted peanuts (optional)
For the dressing
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- Combine the chicken/turkey, carrots, white cabbage and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and rinse under warm water (to wash off excess starch that will make the noodles stick together), then drain again and add to the bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, then toss with the salad. Stir in the herbs and scatter with peanuts, if you like.
Use up other leftover roast vegetables by shredding and adding to the salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky Vietnamese pork meatballs with rice noodles and pickled vegetables
Lemongrass, garlic and lime all contribute to the powerful flavour...
Midweek meal recipes
Vietnamese herb salad with tamarind and honey glazed beef
Juicy tamarind and honey glazed steak, crunchy vegetables, roasted peanuts...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter