Warm smoked mackerel, apple and chorizo salad
- April 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
This warm salad recipe, made with smoked mackerel, apple and chorizo, makes a perfect starter or lunch dish.
- 50.8g (11.5g saturated)
- 9.8g (9.7g sugars)
- 150g cured chorizo, sliced
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 handfuls of pea shoots
- 2 braeburn apples
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets
- Fry the chorizo over a medium heat until crisp. Remove from the pan, drain the fat, then put the pan back on the hob.
- Mix the sherry vinegar and olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then warm through gently in the pan.
- Toss the chorizo with the pea shoots, then season.
- Divide among 4 plates, then cut the apples into matchsticks and scatter over. Tear 4 smoked mackerel fillets into large chunks, then drizzle with the warm dressing and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Griddled mackerel fillets with fennel and cucumber coleslaw
This recipe is low in calories, carbs and salt; a very healthy and attractive summer...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...