Warm squash, beetroot and goat’s cheese salad
- December 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 25 min to cook, plus cooling
A hearty squash, beetroot and goat’s cheese salad, made with time-saving ingredients. Makes a quick and appealing vegetarian midweek recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g ready-prepared butternut squash and sweet potato
- 150g Asda Extra Special apple cider and honey baby beetroot, or similar
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 25g shelled walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the squash and sweet potato with the beetroot, a drizzle of olive oil and the red onion quarters in a roasting tin.
- Season well, transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes until sticky and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with the salad leaves, walnuts, oregano and a drizzle of olive oil. Crumble over the goat’s cheese, then serve.
Next time, use crumbled feta or slices of grilled halloumi instead of the goat’s cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roast lamb leg recipes
Grilled leg of lamb with goat’s cheese and herb salad
A showstopper butterflied leg of lamb recipe – served with a vibrant herb and goat’s...