Warm squash, beetroot and goat’s cheese salad
- December 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 25 min to cook, plus cooling
A hearty squash, beetroot and goat’s cheese salad, made with time-saving ingredients. Makes a quick and appealing vegetarian midweek recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g ready-prepared butternut squash and sweet potato
- 150g Asda Extra Special apple cider and honey baby beetroot, or similar
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 25g shelled walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the squash and sweet potato with the beetroot, a drizzle of olive oil and the red onion quarters in a roasting tin.
- Season well, transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes until sticky and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with the salad leaves, walnuts, oregano and a drizzle of olive oil. Crumble over the goat’s cheese, then serve.
Next time, use crumbled feta or slices of grilled halloumi instead of the goat’s cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tarts
This broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tart recipe uses fresh or frozen shortcrust...
Goat's cheese recipes
Goat’s cheese baked in vine leaves with winter salad recipe
Creating a seductive meal for two? This goat’s cheese starter is something a bit different,...