Warm squash, beetroot and goat’s cheese salad
- December 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 25 min to cook, plus cooling
A hearty squash, beetroot and goat’s cheese salad, made with time-saving ingredients. Makes a quick and appealing vegetarian midweek recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g ready-prepared butternut squash and sweet potato
- 150g Asda Extra Special apple cider and honey baby beetroot, or similar
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 25g shelled walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the squash and sweet potato with the beetroot, a drizzle of olive oil and the red onion quarters in a roasting tin.
- Season well, transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes until sticky and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with the salad leaves, walnuts, oregano and a drizzle of olive oil. Crumble over the goat’s cheese, then serve.
Next time, use crumbled feta or slices of grilled halloumi instead of the goat’s cheese.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat's cheese recipes
French mild goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup
This dessert of goat’s cheese with plums in lavender syrup and toasted brioche is simplicity...
Giant couscous with courgette, fig and goat’s cheese
A quick, easy to make veggie recipe made with giant couscous, courgettes, fresh mint, figs...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...