Quick, warm goat’s cheese, walnut and pear salad
- March 2010
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 minutes
Goat’s cheese is complimented by pear and walnuts in this gorgeous salad recipe. It’s easy to make but looks like you’ve spent ages in the kitchen.
- 150g Chevrissime soft goat’s cheese log
- 60g walnut halves
- 6 slices walnut loaf
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 red and 1 white chicory
- 30g lamb’s lettuce
- 1 ripe pear, cored, cut into wedges
- Preheat the grill to medium. Cut the goat’s cheese log into 4 rounds. Chop half the walnuts and roll the edges of the cheese slices in them. Place a whole walnut in the middle of each cheese slice.
- Using a 7cm cutter, cut the bread into rounds, drizzle with a little olive oil, place on a baking sheet and grill until golden on both sides. Place a goat’s cheese round on top of each toast, put on the baking sheet and drizzle with more oil. Place the rest of the walnut halves alongside and grill for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is just warmed through and the nuts are toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lemon juice, honey, and walnut oil, season and whisk together.
- Place the chicory leaves and lamb’s lettuce in a bowl and toss together with the dressing. Divide between 2 plates, scatter with the pear wedges, top with the warm cheese croûtes and scatter with the toasted walnut halves to serve.
Substitute beetroot wedges or sliced apple for the pear.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roast lamb leg recipes
Grilled leg of lamb with goat’s cheese and herb salad
A showstopper butterflied leg of lamb recipe – served with a vibrant herb and goat’s...