Warm tuna and white bean salad
- October 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins
This tuna salad is a quick and easy midweek supper, ready in just 15 minutes.
- 19.4g (2.9g saturated)
- 17.9g (3.4g sugars)
- 1 red onion, finely sliced and soaked in boiling water, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 x 400g tins white beans, drained and rinsed
- 500ml vegetable stock, hot
- 225g jar sustainable tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Toss the onion with the lemon juice.
- Put the beans into a medium pan, cover with the stock, then bring to a simmer. Drain, tip into a bowl, then toss through the onion and tuna.
- Make a dressing by whisking the vinegar with the garlic, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in the mustard and oil, then pour over the bean and tuna mix. Toss in the chopped parsley, if using, then serve.
To take the sting out of a sliced onion, put it in a small bowl, cover with boiling water, then stand for a couple of minutes.
Rate & review