Yogurt lamb with couscous
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Serve this griddled Moroccan-style yogurt lamb with couscous, which has a sprinkling of pomegranates for sweetness. It’s a great midweek meal.
- 21.2g (7.8g saturated)
- 30.7g (4.1g sugars)
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g couscous
- 300ml chicken stock, hot
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Juice of 1 small lemon, plus wedges
- Put the lamb in a bowl with the yogurt, garlic, cumin, cayenne and half the oil. Season, mix and set aside.
- Put a griddle (or frying) pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Griddle the lamb for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked but still slightly pink in the centre. Set aside to rest for a minute.
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the hot stock and remaining oil, then stir. Cover with cling film, then stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Season and serve topped with lamb slices and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
May seasonal recipes
Lamb steaks with garlic, basil and spinach polenta
Garlic, spinach and basil is whizzed together to create a pesto-like sauce, before it’s stirred...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...