- March 2013
- Serves 4
- 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
Basmati rice is a store-cupboard staple and this spicy lamb pilaf with coriander, chilli and cardamom takes just 5 minutes to make and 25 minutes to cook.
- 17.4g (6.7g saturated)
- 65.9g (24.8g sugars)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 400g diced lamb neck fillet
- 1 tbsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground cardamom
- 200g basmati rice
- Chilli flakes
- 350-400ml chicken stock
- 150g plump raisins
- Fresh coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and gently fry a finely sliced onion for 10 minutes, then remove. Add 400g diced lamb neck fillet and brown all over.
- Add 1 tbsp each ground cumin and ground coriander, 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground cardamom, and a good pinch of chilli flakes. Fry for 2 minutes, then remove.
- Add 200g basmati rice to the pan, coat in the oil, then add 350-400ml chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Return the onion and lamb to the pan, season, cover and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in 150g plump raisins and a handful of chopped fresh coriander, then serve
Rate & review