What to do with leftover ricotta
Ricotta is a creamy Italian cheese commonly used when making cheesecakes, pancakes and pasta dishes. Find out how you can use up leftover ricotta here.
Recipes using ricotta
- Tomato, thyme and ricotta tart
- Parmesan and ricotta cheesecake
- Spinach and ricotta pancakes with spicy red pepper sauce
- Ricotta torte with nectarines, honey and walnut drizzle
How to use up leftover ricotta
- Whipped ricotta with honey and banana
For breakfast, put 100g ricotta, 1 tbsp honey and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon in a small whisking bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy. Spoon into a bowl and top with sliced banana and a drizzle of honey.
- Preserved lemon and ricotta toasts
Drizzle 4 slices of sourdough bread with olive oil and grill until golden. Combine 200g ricotta in a mixing bowl with 1/2 crushed garlic clove and the finely chopped rind of 1 preserved lemon. Season well with salt and pepper, then spread the mixture over the toasts. Drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil and top with fresh oregano.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe