What to do with leftover ricotta
Ricotta is a creamy Italian cheese commonly used when making cheesecakes, pancakes and pasta dishes. If you’ve got some left in the pot from another recipe, find out how you can use it up. We’ve included full recipes, and a couple of very speedy ideas.
Recipes using ricotta
- Tomato, thyme and ricotta tart
- Parmesan and ricotta cheesecake
- Spinach and ricotta pancakes with spicy red pepper sauce
- Ricotta torte with nectarines, honey and walnut drizzle
How to use up leftover ricotta
- Whipped ricotta with honey and banana
For breakfast, put 100g ricotta, 1 tbsp honey and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon in a small whisking bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy. Spoon into a bowl and top with sliced banana and a drizzle of honey.
- Preserved lemon and ricotta toasts
Drizzle 4 slices of sourdough bread with olive oil and grill until golden. Combine 200g ricotta in a mixing bowl with 1/2 crushed garlic clove and the finely chopped rind of 1 preserved lemon. Season well with salt and pepper, then spread the mixture over the toasts. Drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil and top with fresh oregano.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe