What to do with leftover white cabbage
Discover recipes and tips to make sure this crunchy and refreshing ingredient never goes to waste.
Recipes that use white cabbage
- Savoy cabbage, macadamia and white bean fusilli
- Kohlrabi, cabbage and apple slaw
- Mussels with savoy cabbage and shrimps
How to use up leftover white cabbage
- Scandi side. Fry blanched shredded white cabbage with butter, caraway seeds and a few juniper berries. Stir through some lemon juice and seasoning and serve with frilled and roast pork.
- Cabbage rolls. Blanch white cabbage leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add 100g rice to the water and boil until al dente. Drain. Fry 1 diced onion with 1 crushed garlic clove, 400g lamb mince, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg and the drained rice. Divide the mixture among the cabbage leaves, then roll up like spring rolls to serve.
- Green chilli slaw. Shred ¼ cabbage, cut 2 green peppers into strips and chop 1 onion. Blend 5 tbsp soured cream with the zest and juice of 1 lime, a pinch of sugar, 1 green chilli and a handful each of fresh coriander and mint. Mix the veg and serve with steak.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...