How to make meringue nests
Chewy on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside is exactly how a proper meringue should be. Follow our easy-to-follow video and guide on how to make this sugary treat. The best part? You only need two ingredients!
Nailed meringue? Try your hand at a showstopping pavlova next time.
- 3 large egg whites
- 175g caster sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3 large egg whites to soft peaks.
- Continuously whisking, slowly add 175g of caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have a very stiff, glossy mixture.
- Fix a piece of baking paper onto a sheet with small blobs of the meringue mixture on each corner. Using a large spoon, place large dollops of meringue onto the paper, creating six large nests. Make sure they are well spaced apart.
- Bake in an oven, set to 180 degrees, for an hour and 15 mins for mallowy centres or 1 hour 30 mins for crisper meringues.
- Peel the meringues off the baking paper and leave to cool on a wire rack. Serve instantly or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Watch our handy video:
Now that you’ve mastered the marvellous meringue, check out our passionfruit pavlova recipe.