Passion fruit and orange curd pavlova
- April 2011
- Serves 8
- Hands on time 10 mins, 2 hours cooking time, plus cooling
A fruity, citrusy twist on a modern classic, this passion fruit and orange curd pavlova recipe is the perfect ending to any feast. It only takes around 10 minutes of hands-on time, too.
- 21.6g (13.3g saturated)
- 55.4g (50.3g sugars)
- 6 large free-range egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 350ml double cream
- 6-7 tbsp orange curd (from Waitrose)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 8 passion fruit
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan100°C/gas ½. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt to form stiff peaks, then, while still whisking, add the sugar to the bowl in a steady stream. Whisk for 5 minutes, once all the sugar is added, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and draw a circle on it, about 26cm in diameter. Pile the meringue into the circle, then make an indentation in the centre. Bake for 2 hours, then turn the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven to cool completely.
- Put the cream in a bowl and fold in the orange curd, lime juice, and the pulp from 3 passion fruit. Lightly whip until it’s just holding its shape.
- Dollop the fruity cream into the centre of the meringue. Scoop out the pulp from the remaining passion fruit, then spoon it over the orange curd cream and sprinkle with the lime zest. Serve immediately.
Make the pavlova meringue base in advance and keep in an airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...