What to do with leftover pickled onions
This savoury treat will add a tangy twist to your regular meals. Discover inventive ways of using up leftover pickled onions here.
Recipes using pickled onions
- Mexican-style barbecued beef brisket with quick-pickled onions
- Tomato and bread salad with capers, pickled onions and mozzarella
- Smoky bean and sweet potato tortilla with lime-pickled onions
How to use up leftover pickled onions
- Tangy coleslaw. Replace the shredded red or white onion in your usual recipe with a small handful of drained, finely sliced pickled onions for a tangy twist.
- Egg and pickled onion sandwiches. Roughly chop 8 hard-boiled eggs and put them in mixing bowl with 6 tbsp good quality mayonnaise, 1 tbsp dijon mustard and 4 finely chopped pickled onions. Mix and season with salt and pepper. Make into sandwiches with soft white bread and a handful of rocket leaves.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe