Apple and grana padano tartlets
- September 2007
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes to bake
Cheese and apples love each other, and these apple tartlets come with grana padano and are no exception.
- 375g pack fresh ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tart red apples, such as Braeburn or Cox’s pippins
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp grated Grana Padano
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5. Cut the pastry in half lengthways, then cut each pastry strip into 4 even-size rectangles. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Brush with milk and sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- Halve and core the apples then slice thinly. Arrange on the pastry rectangles, then drizzle over the honey and scatter with the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, until puffed up and golden.
- Mix together the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla extract, and serve with the tartlets.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilli pineapple with mascarpone and ginger biscuits
This pineapple dessert, with chilli and vanilla, is the perfect example of how you can...