- November 2011
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 min to make, 30-35 min to cook
Yodel with delight all the way to the table… try this delicious spiced apple strudel recipe – a lovely dessert with almonds, sultanas, cinnamon and raspberry conserve.
Master another classic apple dessert with our best apple pie recipe.
- 11.2g (3.8g saturated)
- 28.9g (17.6g sugars)
- 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
- Flour for dusting
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 tbsp raspberry conserve
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 medium bramley apples
- 170g raisins or sultanas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Cut the sheet of pastry in half widthways. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half out into a 30cm x 40cm rectangle – the pastry will get very thin.
- Lightly brush the pastry with half the oil, leaving a 2.5cm border. Using a palette knife, spread 4 tbsp of the conserve within the border and sprinkle 2 tbsp of the ground almonds over the top.
- Peel and grate the apples into a colander, then squeeze out as much juice as you can. Spread half over the pastry, making sure the apple is evenly spread, followed by half the raisins or sultanas and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Carefully roll from the long edge of the pastry to form a log. Turn so the seal is underneath, then tuck the ends under and brush all over with milk. Transfer to a lined baking sheet, then repeat with the remaining pastry and ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and puffed up. Leave to cool on a wire rack. When cold, sprinkle with some icing sugar, then cut into slices. Eat and enjoy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...