Asparagus and pancetta soldiers with soft-boiled eggs
- May 2016
- 230g bunch of asparagus
- 2 thin slices of pancetta (about 90g)
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- A knob of butter
- Wrap each stalk of asparagus in the pancetta.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer, then lower in 4 medium free-range eggs to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the wrapped asparagus over a medium heat, turning frequently, for about 4 minutes or until the asparagus is just tender and the pancetta is golden.
- Remove the eggs from the water, then serve in egg cups with the asparagus to dip in as soldiers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scrambled egg and asparagus on toast (Scotch Woodcock)
Scrambled egg on toast with anchovy (Scotch Woodcock) was popular in Victorian times. We’ve added...
Roasted asparagus with scrambled egg and parma ham
This simple asparagus with scrambled egg recipe, served with parma ham, is perfect for a...