Roasted asparagus with scrambled egg and parma ham
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make, 25 min to cook
This simple asparagus with scrambled egg recipe, served with parma ham, is perfect for a lazy weekend brunch.
Love scrambled eggs with asparagus? Then try our Scotch Woodcock recipe.
- 45g (18.6g saturated)
- 36.8g (3.9g sugar)
- 12 spears of asparagus, trimmed and stems peeled if really thick
- Knob of butter, plus a little extra
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 large free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 150ml double cream
- 8 thin parma ham or prosciutto slices
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the asparagus on a sheet of foil. Dot with butter, season and drizzle with oil. Add the zest and juice of half a lemon. Bring the sides of the foil up to meet each other, then seal to make a parcel. Roast for 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile drizzle the bread with oil, then toast both sides under a hot grill (you could toast them on a hot griddle if you don’t have a separate grill). Mix the eggs together with the cream and season well, then heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan and fry the ham until crisp. Remove, set aside and add a knob of butter to the pan. When it begins to foam, pour in the egg and cream mixture and cook, stirring gently to scramble, until just set.
- Spoon the creamy scrambled eggs over the toasted sourdough. Top with the buttery roast asparagus spears and finish with the crispy ham.
Rate & review