Baby courgettes in umido
- May 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook
This Italian baby courgettes recipe from Jacob Kenedy, chef-patron of Bocca di Lupo, is an ideal vegetarian antipasti plate.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 9.4g (3.2g saturated)
- 16.7g (3.8g sugars)
- 12 baby courgettes, preferably with their flowers attached
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Firmly pack the courgettes in the bottom of a wide saucepan in a single layer, then scatter with the garlic (if using). Pour over enough oil so it comes 5-6mm up the sides of the pan. Add enough water to just cover the courgettes. Season well with salt and pepper, then cook over a high heat, partially covered, until you can hear that all the water has evaporated and the courgettes are just starting to sizzle. Remove from the heat before they start to brown, then add the parsley.
- Leave to cool to room temperature in the pan, then spoon into a serving dish and serve with some of the cooking oil drizzled over.
Serve as an antipasti plate alongside sardines in saor.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad beans, peas with mozzarella and parma ham crumble
A vibrant broad bean recipe showcasing the best of the summer’s green veg – with...