- July 2017
- Serves 4 (or 8 as a side dish)
- Hands-on time 30 min
Adding torn ciabatta to this Mediterranean-style filling of anchovies, olives and artichokes means it soaks up the salty flavours as the peppers roast. Serve with salad for an easy vegetarian dinner.
- 10.4g (3g saturated)
- 12.2g (6.6g sugars)
- 4 red/yellow peppers, cut in half, seeds and white membrane removed
- 50g tin anchovy fillets in olive oil (oil reserved)
- 75g pitted black olives, sliced
- 50g marinated chargrilled artichokes, halved
- 3 slices ciabatta (about 45g), roughly torn
- 35g parmesan, grated
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Green salad to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Arrange the peppers cut-side down on a foil-lined baking tray. Brush with the anchovy oil, then grill for 5 minutes until lightly charred. Remove. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Turn the peppers over, then divide the olives, artichokes and ciabatta among each half, finishing with the anchovies and a sprinkle of the parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until soft and juicy. Serve scattered with basil, with a green salad.
For an even simpler (gluten-free) dish, swap the olives, artichokes and ciabatta for halved cherry tomatoes. Or cook the peppers on the barbecue, half-wrapped in foil at step 2 – it adds a fabulous smoky flavour.
Rate & review