- July 2017
- Serves 4 (or 8 as a side dish)
- Hands-on time 30 min
Piedmontese peppers are filled with anchovies, olives and artichokes and ciabatta, then roasted. Serve with salad for an easy summer dinner.
Get plenty more seasonal ideas with our summer starter recipes collection.
- 10.4g (3g saturated)
- 12.2g (6.6g sugars)
- 4 red/yellow peppers, cut in half, seeds and white membrane removed
- 50g tin anchovy fillets in olive oil (oil reserved)
- 75g pitted black olives, sliced
- 50g marinated chargrilled artichokes, halved
- 3 slices ciabatta (about 45g), roughly torn
- 35g parmesan, grated
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Green salad to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Arrange the peppers cut-side down on a foil-lined baking tray. Brush with the anchovy oil, then grill for 5 minutes until lightly charred. Remove. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Turn the peppers over, then divide the olives, artichokes and ciabatta among each half, finishing with the anchovies and a sprinkle of the parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until soft and juicy. Serve scattered with basil, with a green salad.
For an even simpler (gluten-free) dish, swap the olives, artichokes and ciabatta for halved cherry tomatoes. Or cook the peppers on the barbecue, half-wrapped in foil at step 2 – it adds a fabulous smoky flavour.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter