Baked banana split
- November 2011
- Serves 6
- 10 minutes
You can cook this quick banana dessert recipe over a bonfire, barbecue or on the hob – best served with lots of ice cream.
- 26.8g (13.2g saturated)
- 69.8g (66.4g sugars)
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 50g hazelnuts or pecans, chopped
- Put the bananas, unpeeled, on a wire rack over the fire (or in a frying pan) and cook for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skins are black.
- Melt the chocolate, syrup, sugar, butter and cream together in a small saucepan to make a shiny sauce, then set aside.
- Once the bananas are cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes, then put on serving plates, split open the skins and add a generous dollop of chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dark chocolate recipes
Banana, peanut and caramel chocolate ice cream sundae
Layers of chocolate truffle no-churn ice cream, caramelised bananas and slightly boozy peanut caramel make...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...