Baked banana split
- November 2011
- Serves 6
- 10 minutes
You can cook this quick banana dessert recipe over a bonfire, barbecue or on the hob – best served with lots of ice cream.
- 26.8g (13.2g saturated)
- 69.8g (66.4g sugars)
- 6 large ripe bananas
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 50g hazelnuts or pecans, chopped
- Put the bananas, unpeeled, on a wire rack over the fire (or in a frying pan) and cook for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skins are black.
- Melt the chocolate, syrup, sugar, butter and cream together in a small saucepan to make a shiny sauce, then set aside.
- Once the bananas are cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes, then put on serving plates, split open the skins and add a generous dollop of chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dark chocolate recipes
Banana, peanut and caramel chocolate ice cream sundae
Layers of chocolate truffle no-churn ice cream, caramelised bananas and slightly boozy peanut caramel make...