Baked beef and mushroom cannelloni
- October 2010
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g beef mince
- 150ml beef stock
- 8g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked for 20 minutes in 100ml boiling water, drained and chopped (water retained)
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets (roughly 14cm x 30cm)
- 350g cheese sauce (we like Tesco Finest Four
- Cheese Sauce)
- 100g tomato salsa
- 15g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the sliced mushrooms, then cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in the mince and cook for another 5 minutes, breaking up with a spoon. Turn up the heat, add the stock, the porcini mushrooms and their water, and the tomato purée. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Blanch the lasagne sheets for 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Place on a work surface, spoon a quarter of the mince crossways along the centre of each sheet, then roll up. Spoon a little cheese sauce into a baking dish big enough to fit the cannelloni snugly. Add the 4 pasta tubes, pour over the tomato salsa and top with the remaining cheese sauce. Scatter over the Parmesan and bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbling.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...