Baked raspberry and almond crumble cake bars
- July 2012
- Makes 12 bars
- Takes 20 mins to make, 40 mins to cook
Raspberry and almond crumble come together in this easy-to-bake cake bar recipe. It’s great for a picnic or a pick-me-up.
Why not check out our raspberry and toffee ice cream bars for a more summery version.
- 18.3g (10.4g saturated)
- 43.2g (24.3g sugars)
- 225g unsalted butter, chilled and diced, plus extra for greasing
- 225g plain flour
- 100g semolina
- 100g golden caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp
- 225g raspberry jam
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 50g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Butter a 20cm x 25cm shallow rectangular tin or brownie pan. Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Put the plain flour, semolina and 100g caster sugar in a food processor, add the butter and whizz briefly until the mixture just begins to show signs of sticking together. Tip half the mixture into the prepared tin and press firmly over the base in an even layer using the back of a metal spoon.
- Spread over the jam, then scatter over the fresh raspberries.
- Stir the almonds and 2 tbsp caster sugar into the remaining mixture. Sprinkle it over the top of the raspberries in an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes until pale golden brown. Remove the tin from the oven and leave for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Run a knife around the edge of the tin, then cut into 12 bars. Dust with icing sugar and leave to cool for another 5 minutes. Serve the bars warm with custard as a dessert or carefully lift them onto ?a cooling rack and leave to go cold, to serve with a cup of coffee or tea.
Rate & review