Basil and lemon martini
- March 2013
- Serves 1
- 5 minutes
This martini is a cracker from the cocktail list at Theo Randall’s Italian restaurant in London’s InterContinental Hotel. Theo loves hurling basil into things – even the cocktails. And it works…
- 11 small fresh basil leaves
- Small handful of ice
- 50ml gin (the small-batch stuff – have some respect)
- 25ml limoncello
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- Muddle 10 of the basil leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the ice, followed by the gin. Pour in the limoncello. Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar syrup. Shake, then strain into a champagne coupe and finish with a basil leaf. Fantastico!
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...