Basil and lemon martini
- March 2013
- Serves 1
- 5 minutes
This martini is a cracker from the cocktail list at Theo Randall’s Italian restaurant in London’s InterContinental Hotel. Theo loves hurling basil into things – even the cocktails. And it works…
- 11 small fresh basil leaves
- Small handful of ice
- 50ml gin (the small-batch stuff – have some respect)
- 25ml limoncello
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- Muddle 10 of the basil leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the ice, followed by the gin. Pour in the limoncello. Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar syrup. Shake, then strain into a champagne coupe and finish with a basil leaf. Fantastico!
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter