Beef and vegetable rice noodles
- August 2004
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 20 mins
Beef and vegetables work excellently together noodle and stir fry recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15g (2.4g saturated)
- 58g (4g sugars)
- 250g packet medium rice noodles
- 500g thin beef frying steaks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 150g beansprouts
- 3 medium pak choi, quartered lengthways
- 50g dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put the noodles into a large, flat dish and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes to soften, then drain and rinse under cold running water. Leave in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Season the steaks. Heat a large wok or frying pan and sear for 1-2 minutes, so they’re still pink in the middle. Rest them for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Drain the noodles. Heat the oil in the wok and stir-fry the spring onions, beansprouts and pak choi for 2-3 minutes. Toss in the noodles and most of the peanuts. Drizzle with soy sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute to heat through. Season to taste. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Top with the beef, the remaining peanuts, coriander leaves and soy sauce, if you like.
If you can’t get pak choi, use a packet of mangetout, briefly blanched, instead.
Rate & review