Beef and vegetable rice noodles
- August 2004
- 250g packet medium rice noodles
- 500g thin beef frying steaks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 150g beansprouts
- 3 medium pak choi, quartered lengthways
- 50g dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put the noodles into a large, flat dish and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes to soften, then drain and rinse under cold running water. Leave in cold water to prevent sticking.
- Season the steaks. Heat a large wok or frying pan and sear for 1-2 minutes, so they’re still pink in the middle. Rest them for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Drain the noodles. Heat the oil in the wok and stir-fry the spring onions, beansprouts and pak choi for 2-3 minutes. Toss in the noodles and most of the peanuts. Drizzle with soy sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute to heat through. Season to taste. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Top with the beef, the remaining peanuts, coriander leaves and soy sauce, if you like.
If you can’t get pak choi, use a packet of mangetout, briefly blanched, instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...