Thai beef noodle salad
- September 2012
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 min
This simple thai noodle salad uses ready-cooked noodles and ready-made thai curry paste for a quick and easy answer to the midweek cooking dilemma.
- 300g sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 300g ready-cooked rice noodles
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- Small bunch each of mint and coriander, leaves picked
- Rub the steak all over with the oil and curry paste, then set aside for 10 minutes or so. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side until medium rare, then set aside to rest.
- Mix the lime juice, fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl, then set aside. Slice the steak into thin strips, then toss through the noodles along with the dressing, sliced chillies and herbs.
- Squeeze over a wedge of lime, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Charred spicy pepper pesto with steak and green salad
Make your own speedy pepper pesto, then drizzle generously over seared sirloin steaks and fresh...