Beetroot and radish salad with hard-boiled eggs
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A twist on a Polish favourite, our beetroot and radish salad recipe has a good vinegary tang and is topped with just-hard boiled eggs.
Want to take it up a notch? Learn how to make your own mayonnaise.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.8g (3.8g saturated)
- 55g (18.7g sugars)
- 1kg new potatoes
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 200g radishes, quartered
- 80g cornichons or gherkins, finely sliced 600g cooked beetroot in natural juices, roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cut into ribbons with a veg peeler
For the dressing
- 100g good-quality mayonnaise
- Small bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, cool slightly, then cut into halves (or quarters if large).
- Meanwhile, lower the eggs (in their shells) into a pan of simmering water and cook for 7 minutes. Remove them from the pan, then run under cold water for 2 minutes to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients (set aside a little of the dill) in a small bowl until well combined. Peel the eggs, then halve lengthways. Put the rest of the salad ingredients into a large bowl, stir in the dressing to coat, then top with the eggs. Scatter over the extra dill to serve.
For softer-boiled eggs, cook them for 5-6 minutes in step 2.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...