Beetroot and radish salad with hard-boiled eggs
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A twist on a Polish favourite, our beetroot and radish salad recipe has a good vinegary tang and is topped with just-hard boiled eggs.
Want to take it up a notch? Learn how to make your own mayonnaise.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.8g (3.8g saturated)
- 55g (18.7g sugars)
- 1kg new potatoes
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 200g radishes, quartered
- 80g cornichons or gherkins, finely sliced 600g cooked beetroot in natural juices, roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cut into ribbons with a veg peeler
For the dressing
- 100g good-quality mayonnaise
- Small bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, cool slightly, then cut into halves (or quarters if large).
- Meanwhile, lower the eggs (in their shells) into a pan of simmering water and cook for 7 minutes. Remove them from the pan, then run under cold water for 2 minutes to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients (set aside a little of the dill) in a small bowl until well combined. Peel the eggs, then halve lengthways. Put the rest of the salad ingredients into a large bowl, stir in the dressing to coat, then top with the eggs. Scatter over the extra dill to serve.
For softer-boiled eggs, cook them for 5-6 minutes in step 2.
Rate & review