Broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tarts
- December 2007
- for 4 people
- Takes 30 minutes to make, about 35 minutes to bake, plus chilling and cooling
This broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tart recipe uses fresh or frozen shortcrust pastry.
- Vegetarian recipes
PER SERVING 646kcals, 46.4g fat (20.6g saturated), 17.7g protein, 42.4g carbs, 3.6g sugar, 1.5g salt
- 300g fresh or frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen
- Flour, for dusting
- 12 SunBlush tomatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml double cream
- 200g frozen broad beans, blanched and popped from skins
- 4 mild goat’s cheese rounds, cut from a log
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the pastry into 4 pieces and roll out on a lightly floured work surface. Use to line 4 x 11cm round x 4cm deep, loose-bottomed, fluted tart tins. Prick the bases with a fork, then chill for 15 minutes.
- Line the pastry cases with baking paper and baking beans, put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and bake for a further 5-10 minutes, until golden.
- Set aside 4 of the SunBlush tomatoes and chop the rest. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, double cream, broad beans and chopped tomatoes. Season and pour into the pastry cases. Place a goat’s cheese round in the centre of each tart and pop the remaining whole tomatoes on top of each.
- Bake the tarts for 12-15 minutes, until just set. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto plates.
- Serve warm or cold with dressed salad leaves, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Crushed pea and broad bean soup with cheese crisps
Our creamy broad bean soup would make a gorgeous summer starter served with the cheesy comté...