Broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tarts
- December 2007
- for 4 people
- Takes 30 minutes to make, about 35 minutes to bake, plus chilling and cooling
This broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tart recipe uses fresh or frozen shortcrust pastry.
- Vegetarian recipes
PER SERVING 646kcals, 46.4g fat (20.6g saturated), 17.7g protein, 42.4g carbs, 3.6g sugar, 1.5g salt
- 300g fresh or frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen
- Flour, for dusting
- 12 SunBlush tomatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml double cream
- 200g frozen broad beans, blanched and popped from skins
- 4 mild goat’s cheese rounds, cut from a log
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the pastry into 4 pieces and roll out on a lightly floured work surface. Use to line 4 x 11cm round x 4cm deep, loose-bottomed, fluted tart tins. Prick the bases with a fork, then chill for 15 minutes.
- Line the pastry cases with baking paper and baking beans, put on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and bake for a further 5-10 minutes, until golden.
- Set aside 4 of the SunBlush tomatoes and chop the rest. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, double cream, broad beans and chopped tomatoes. Season and pour into the pastry cases. Place a goat’s cheese round in the centre of each tart and pop the remaining whole tomatoes on top of each.
- Bake the tarts for 12-15 minutes, until just set. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto plates.
- Serve warm or cold with dressed salad leaves, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus and quinoa salad with peas and broad beans
Spring produce such as asparagus, peas, broad beans and lovage are the star players in...
Broad bean recipes
New potato, artichoke, broad bean and chorizo salad
A filling salad recipe with the rich flavour of chorizo and a mustardy kick in...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...