Broad bean & mint dip
- March 2018
- Serves 8-10
- Hands-on time 30 min
”Great for early summer when fresh broad beans are in season. It goes well with roasted cherry tomatoes and crusty bread.” – Jane Muir, founder of Mildreds
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.8g (1.1g saturated)
- 3.6g (0.7g sugars)
- no salt
- 500g frozen podded broad beans (use fresh if they’re in season)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 7-8 sprigs fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 100ml light olive oil
- Cook the beans in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then drain, reserving 150ml of the cooking water, and leave to cool.
- Peel the broad beans, then whizz in a food processor with the remaining ingredients until smooth, adding a little cooking water to loosen as needed. Season to taste and serve.
The dip will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tarts
This broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tart recipe uses fresh or frozen shortcrust...
Asparagus and quinoa salad with peas and broad beans
Spring produce such as asparagus, peas, broad beans and lovage are the star players in...