Broad bean & mint dip
- March 2018
- Serves 8-10
- Hands-on time 30 min
”Great for early summer when fresh broad beans are in season. It goes well with roasted cherry tomatoes and crusty bread.” – Jane Muir, founder of Mildreds
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.8g (1.1g saturated)
- 3.6g (0.7g sugars)
- no salt
- 500g frozen podded broad beans (use fresh if they’re in season)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 7-8 sprigs fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 100ml light olive oil
- Cook the beans in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes, then drain, reserving 150ml of the cooking water, and leave to cool.
- Peel the broad beans, then whizz in a food processor with the remaining ingredients until smooth, adding a little cooking water to loosen as needed. Season to taste and serve.
The dip will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus and quinoa salad with peas and broad beans
Spring produce such as asparagus, peas, broad beans and lovage are the star players in...