Broccoli pasta with parma ham breadcrumbs
- March 2014
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli spears, halved lengthways, then cut in half across the middle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 parma ham slices
- 6 heaped tbsp breadcrumbs
- 350g fusilli
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- Lemon juice
- Grated parmesan
- Blanch the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, then leave in a colander to dry. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the parma ham until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Fry the breadcrumbs until golden, then put in a bowl.
- Cook the fusilli in boiling salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, wipe the frying pan clean, then heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the broccoli for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stir in the grated nutmeg, salt and pepper, the garlic clove and the crème fraîche. Bubble to reduce slightly.
- When the pasta is ready, drain, reserving about 50ml of the cooking water. Add the reserved water and pasta to the broccoli over a low heat and toss for 1-2 minutes. Taste and season, adding lemon juice if you like. Crumble the fried ham into the breadcrumbs, stirring. Serve the pasta topped with the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...