Butternut squash, chicken and tarragon traybake
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 1 hour
This recipe for butternut squash, chicken and tarragon traybake is a healthy option for a quick and easy midweek dinner.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 21.2g (4.2g saturated)
- 17.1g (9.4g sugars)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 large unpeeled butternut squash, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 8 British free-range chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- ½ bunch fresh oregano
- ½ bunch fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, remainder thickly sliced
To serve (optional)
- Hot buttered rice or steamed greens
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Whisk the olive oil and dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Divide the remaining ingredients, apart from the lemon slices, between 2 roasting tins, then mix with the dressing and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Divide the lemon slices between the tins, putting one on each chicken thigh. Cook in the oven for 1 hour or until tender and golden, turning the veg occasionally. Serve with hot buttered rice or steamed greens.
Double or halve the quantities for more or fewer guests.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Berbere-spiced chicken, potato and greens traybake
This gorgeous springtime traybake uses a berbere spice blend made with chilli, coriander, allspice, cumin and...
Dinner ideas for two
Roast sea bream with fennel, sourdough and preserved lemons
Enjoy the classic fresh flavours of this quick and easy sea bream recipe for two...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...