Butternut squash, chicken and tarragon traybake
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 1 hour
This recipe for butternut squash, chicken and tarragon traybake is a healthy option for a quick and easy midweek dinner.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 21.2g (4.2g saturated)
- 17.1g (9.4g sugars)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 large unpeeled butternut squash, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 8 British free-range chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- ½ bunch fresh oregano
- ½ bunch fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, remainder thickly sliced
To serve (optional)
- Hot buttered rice or steamed greens
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Whisk the olive oil and dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Divide the remaining ingredients, apart from the lemon slices, between 2 roasting tins, then mix with the dressing and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Divide the lemon slices between the tins, putting one on each chicken thigh. Cook in the oven for 1 hour or until tender and golden, turning the veg occasionally. Serve with hot buttered rice or steamed greens.
Double or halve the quantities for more or fewer guests.
Rate & review