- July 2005
- 3 slices German rye bread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 little gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 50g fresh Parmesan
- 6 tbsp caesar salad dressing
- Before your friends arrive, make the croutons for the salad. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cut the crusts off the bread, then cut the bread into pieces. Put into a roasting tin, sprinkle with the garlic, olive oil and a little sea salt, and mix together. Cook for 10 minutes. Cool and put into a sealed container until you need them.
- Put the lettuce into a colander and rinse under cold running water. Shake dry, then put into a sealed container and chill until needed.
- Take a bowl and put in a handful of lettuce leaves (tearing any large leaves). Sprinkle with the croutons.
- Drag a vegetable peeler over the Parmesan and let a few shavings fall into your salad. Drizzle over some caesar salad dressing and eat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Ham hock caesar salad
Substituting chicken for ham makes a nice change in this caesar salad recipe. Use ciabatta...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...