Classic Caesar dressing for Caesar salad
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 mins
A classic dressing recipe for a Caesar salad made with garlic, lemon, Dijon mustard, anchovies and extra virgin olive oil.
And here’s part B – the Caesar salad recipe itself!
- 29.8g (8.2g saturated)
- 13.7g (1.8g sugars)
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 10 anchovies in olive oil
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cos lettuces, leaves removed and roughly sliced
- 75g ready-made croutons
- 75g Parmesan shavings
- In a small food processor, whizz together the egg with the garlic clove, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and 2 of the anchovies. Season well with sea salt and black pepper, then keep the food processor running and gradually pour in the extra-virgin olive oil until the dressing becomes really thick and glossy. Set aside.
- Mix the lettuce with the remaining anchovies, croutons and Parmesan shavings, then drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve.
Please note that this recipe contains raw egg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Proper chicken caesar salad
The combination of chicken, bacon, garlicky dressing and chunky sourdough croutons in this proper caesar...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...