Caramel, chocolate and peanut popcorn bars
- Online recipe
- 100g sweet and salty popcorn
- 60g Rice Krispies
- 250g marshmallows
- 40g slightly salted butter
- 100g roasted and salted peanuts
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 100g Carnation Caramel (from a tin)
- 50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flaked sea salt
You’ll also need
- 22cm x 22cm baking tray, about 6cm deep, greased with oil and lined with baking paper.
- Put the popcorn and Rice Krispies into a large mixing bowl. Put the marshmallows and butter into a medium microwave-proof bowl and microwave for 30 second bursts until the marshmallows have melted and puffed up. Stir the marshmallows into the popcorn and Rice Krispies with 80g of the peanuts until well-coated then tip into the prepared baking tray and press it down and level with the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle the caramel over the mixture in one direction. Place the chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl and set it over a barely simmering pan of water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Allow the chocolate to melt, then drizzle it over the popcorn in the opposite direction to criss-cross. Scatter with a sprinkling of flaked sea salt and the remaining peanuts. Put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes until the chocolate has just set, before removing from the tin and cutting into bars.
You can also use milk chocolate or other nuts in this recipe, if you prefer.
These bars are best eaten the day they’re made
Rate & review