White chocolate mint mousse
- December 2007
- Serves 6
- Takes 30 minutes to make, plus cooling and chilling
Serve up these adorable white chocolate mousse desserts at your Christmas dinner party.
- 35.3g (21.6g saturated)
- 25g (23.8g sugar)
- 250g white chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 250ml double cream
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Fresh mint leaves, to decorate
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring gently. When it’s melted, set the bowl aside to cool down a little.
- In another bowl, beat the cream, egg white and peppermint to soft peaks with an electric hand whisk.
- Put a big dollop of cream onto the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly, then gently fold the chocolate mixture back into the cream.
- Divide the mixture between 6 small glasses, like the ones shown. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours, or give them a fast icy zap by sitting them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Decorate each glass with a mint sprig, and serve.
Rate & review