White chocolate mint mousse
- December 2007
- 250g white chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 250ml double cream
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Fresh mint leaves, to decorate
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring gently. When it’s melted, set the bowl aside to cool down a little.
- In another bowl, beat the cream, egg white and peppermint to soft peaks with an electric hand whisk.
- Put a big dollop of cream onto the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly, then gently fold the chocolate mixture back into the cream.
- Divide the mixture between 6 small glasses, like the ones shown. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours, or give them a fast icy zap by sitting them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Decorate each glass with a mint sprig, and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...