Cauliflower, kale and cheese frittata
- February 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Cut this cauliflower, kale and cheese frittata into slices and pack into tupperware for an easy on-the-go lunch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.1g (11.9g saturated)
- 18.2g (4.3g sugars)
- 200g new potatoes
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml milk
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 125g grated cheddar
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- A splash of olive oil
- 100g shredded kale
- 25g grated cheddar
- To serve, green salad
- Chop the new potatoes into 2cm chunks, then steam for 6-8 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and steam for 4 minutes more until both are just tender.
- Whisk together the plain flour, milk and eggs until smooth. Add the grated cheddar and a small handful of chopped fresh parsley; whisk again.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a 24-26cm non-stick (ovenproof) frying pan, then add the kale and the steamed vegetables. Fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Pour in the cheese/egg mixture and cook gently over a low-medium heat until almost set but with a softness in the middle.
- Heat the grill to medium-hot. Sprinkle the grated cheddar over the frittata, then grill until just set. Serve hot or cold with a green salad.
Cool the cooked frittata, then cut into portions and keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...