Cauliflower, kale and cheese frittata
- February 2019
- 200g new potatoes
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml milk
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 125g grated cheddar
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- A splash of olive oil
- 100g shredded kale
- 25g grated cheddar
- To serve, green salad
- Chop the new potatoes into 2cm chunks, then steam for 6-8 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and steam for 4 minutes more until both are just tender.
- Whisk together the plain flour, milk and eggs until smooth. Add the grated cheddar and a small handful of chopped fresh parsley; whisk again.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a 24-26cm non-stick (ovenproof) frying pan, then add the kale and the steamed vegetables. Fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Pour in the cheese/egg mixture and cook gently over a low-medium heat until almost set but with a softness in the middle.
- Heat the grill to medium-hot. Sprinkle the grated cheddar over the frittata, then grill until just set. Serve hot or cold with a green salad.
Cool the cooked frittata, then cut into portions and keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter