Baked spinach and pea frittata
- May 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time, 25-30 min
A quick, and fuss-free, frittata recipe that uses ingredients you might have in the fridge and store cupboard.
We have plenty more frittata recipes for you to try, how about this one with new potatoes, beans and mozzarella.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 23.9g (8.5g saturated)
- 5.4g (2.7g sugars)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable or olive oil), plus extra for greasing
- 100g frozen peas
- 80g mature cheddar
- 8 medium free-range eggs (see tip)
- 200g frozen spinach, defrosted
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Finely chop the onion. In a large frying pan, heat the 1 tbsp oil. Add the chopped onion and gently fry for 5 minutes, then add the frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes. Grate the cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the onion and pea mix along with the defrosted spinach, lemon zest and juice, chilli flakes (if using) and 50g of the grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 20cm baking dish or tin with oil, then pour in the frittata mixture and sprinkle over the remaining 30g grated cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set and golden.
If you only have 6 eggs, you can substitute the missing 2 eggs with 200ml milk. Beat everything together well in step 2.
Rate & review